Let’s meet the scientists and schools taking part…
Mike Whitfield | Postdoctoral, Trinity College Dublin
I use computers to predict how growing different crops could make climate change better, or worse.
Julio Gutierrez | Postdoctoral, Tyndall National Institute
I use computer simulations to understand the behaviour of materials.
Jaine Blayney | Lecturer, Queens University Belfast
I use mathematics and computing to find patterns in biology that can help a doctor choose which is the best treatment for a cancer patient.
David Concannon | Africa Health Research Institute
I use data visualisation to help target HIV health care in South Africa.
Annette Neil | St John’s Hospital, Limerick
I train Nurses and Doctors how to how to use small portable devices that will give a blood test result within a few minutes.
- Blessington Community College, Wicklow
- Coláiste an Chraoibhin, Cork
- Coláiste Chill Mhantáin, Wicklow
- Gaelscoil Na Cruaiche, Mayo
- Gallen Community School, Offlay
- Margaret Aylward Community College, Dublin
- O’Carolan College, Meath
- S N Naomh Colmain, Kilkenny
- St David’s N S, Dublin
This zone is funded by Science Foundation Ireland.