Thank you from your winner – Dave!

Students, we want to hear from you too! Click here to go to your profile survey and tell us what you think for a chance to win a voucher!

We asked Dave to tell us about winning I’m a Scientist, and here is what he said…

davidconcannonHi all, 

Well its been a hectic 2 weeks and if I’m honest I’m sad its over. I didn’t know what to expect before I started this and it was such an amazing experience. The questions never stopped on the live chats, and after. The questions were incredibly insightful and really may me think about not only my views on science, but why I work in science and made me appreciate how engaging the work I do everyday can be.

Thanks to all the students for the interesting and challenges questions and to everyone who voted for me, I hope you all enjoyed the experience as well.

The experience really opened my eyes to how enjoyable public engagement can be and I will be becoming more involved in the future. I hope to be in touch with all the classrooms I met throughout the 2 weeks of the competition to connect them with students at the science centre in Kwazulu-Natal in South Africa to learn about each others lives and science together. If any of the teachers would like to arrange a skype for their class please let me know. 

Thanks to all the moderators and organisers at I’m a Scientist HQ along with the teachers who has inspired such brilliant students with an interest in science. This is such a fantastic project and I hope to get involved more and more in the future. 

Finally thank you to all the other scientists, Annette, Jaine, Juilo and Mike. It was really interested to learn about your work and have other people there when the live chats became a flood of questions. 

Thanks again to everyone it was such fun!

Dave

Posted on November 23, 2016 by in News. Leave a comment.